March 13, 2019
We get it. Thinking about taxes while you’re trying to run a business is obnoxious. While it’s not unusual to rush before filing deadlines, it’s important that you file on time to avoid extra fees. Below is an update on important deadlines ahead.
● By the 15th, you must file your 2018 calendar year income tax return (Form 1120S) and pay any taxes.
● Give each shareholder a copy of Schedule K-1 (Form 1120S), Shareholder's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc., or a substitute Schedule K-1.
● If you want a 6-month extension of time to file the return, file Form 7004 and deposit what you estimate you owe.
● Want to elect to be treated as an S-corporation in 2019? File Form 2553, Election by a Small Business Corporation.
● This is the due date to file a 2018 calendar year return with Form 1065. Provide each partner with a copy of Schedule K-1 (Form 1065), Partner's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc., or a substitute Schedule K-1.
● Need a 5-month extension? If you want until Sept. 15 to file the return and provide Schedule K-1 or a substitute Schedule K-1, file Form 7004.
● For electing large partnerships:
○ This is the due date to file a 2018 calendar year return (Form 1065-B). If you want an automatic 6-month extension of time to file the return, file Form 7004.
○ Provide each partner with a copy of Schedule K-1 (Form 1065-B), Partner's Share of Income (Loss) From an Electing Large Partnership, or a substitute Schedule K-1.
● Only if you file electronically: Give the IRS Forms 1097, 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, and W-2G.
● Due date to file a 2018 calendar year income tax return (Form 1120) and pay any taxes.
● Due date to file a 2018 income tax return (Form 1040) and pay any taxes.
● If you want an automatic 6-month extension to file the return, file Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.
BOSS is the answer to your back office headaches. Our cloud-based solution enables you to hand complex accounting tasks over to us. We work the numbers while providing you 24/7 access to your data—and all at a fixed, affordable monthly fee.
We understand that the countless number of tasks associated with running a successful practice leaves you with little time to deal with your numerous accounting and tax responsibilities. That is where ...read more
With proactive tax strategies and industry-specific expertise, we have a proven track record of helping property management firms succeed from...read more
If you contract your services as a salesperson, freelance writer, graphic designer, real estate professional, or other profession contact us to learn about the comprehensive, affordable...read more
Morgan & Associates has extensive experience in nonprofit accounting, currently providing audit and tax return services to a growing number of...read more
Offering a defined contribution retirement plan, such as a 401(k), can help you stay competitive. These plans encourage employees to contribute their own money toward retirement every pay period.
Having a remote workforce can be challenging, especially if you are trying to build a positive, collaborative work environment. So, how do you create a sense of comradery when you have staff in remote locations? These tips can help:
When we talk about beating the IRS legally, we aren’t trying to game the system — we just want to help our clients take advantage of every possibility.